Unfortunately, falls are common, and they happen more frequently than you may realize. You may think it won’t happen to you or your loved ones, but 1 in 4 Americans over the age of 65 fall every year.
If you do find yourself on the ground after taking a little tumble, there are a few things to remember before getting up off the floor.
- Take a minute to assess your situation. Is anything extremely painful? Does anything feel broken? Are you dizzy? If so, stay still and just focus on breathing.
- If you feel you can move safely, begin by rolling to your side and placing your hand on the floor in front of you.
- If you are able, slowly use your hands to get onto your knees.
- Once on your hands and knees, reassess to see if you feel okay.
- If you feel okay, crawl to a sturdy chair.
- Place your hand on the seat of the chair and slide one foot toward the side of the chair so that it is flat on the floor.
- Keeping your other leg bent, on your knee, slowly pull yourself up and sit on the chair.
If you are not strong enough to pull yourself to a sitting position, or feel you have been injured during your fall, it is best to stay still and call for help. If you feel you can crawl to the nearest phone, that may be the best idea so that you can call for help.
It’s not a matter of “if”, but “when”.
Despite all your hard work to keep your loved one safe while they age-in-place, the unfortunate fact is that they are still at risk of experiencing a fall or fall-related injury. SmartCells fall injury prevention products provide a safe solution that allow your elderly loved one to age gracefully in independence, while also giving you peace of mind that they are safe.
Designed and engineered using the patented and proven SmartCells Cushioning Technology, our suite of fall injury prevention products can help minimize and reduce serious injury without compromising accessibility. The unique SmartCells provide stability for balance impaired persons and caregivers, while at the same time providing life-saving cushioning to protect loved ones when they fall.
Available in pre-sized mats, wall-to-wall flooring and custom applications based on your specific needs, SmartCells® fall injury prevention solutions provide the security of being there when you can’t be to reduce the likelihood of fall-related injuries.
SATECH, Inc., the manufacturer of SmartCells, is a technology company that specializes in the development and marketing of SmartCells cushioning solutions that enhance performance, reduce fatigue and help prevent fall-related injuries. SmartCells mats and flooring have broad application in the industrial workplace, injury prevention, healthcare markets, and everyday consumer households.
For more information regarding our SmartCells Fall Injury Prevention product suite, or to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation please call us at 360-748-8711 or email email@example.com
SmartCells Fall Injury Prevention: We’ll be there when you can’t be.